UPLIFTING COMMUNITIES ON MANDELA DAY BY REDUCING HUNGER LOCATION, 18TH July 2018
On the centenary of Nelson Mandela’s birth, Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages (CCPB), with the help of its partners, focused its time on reducing hunger through the distribution of food parcels. It is part of the company’s overall commitment to uplift communities by making a meaningful difference in their lives. The company’s employees and partners spent their 67 minutes on the following activities:
• CCPB South region, based in Athlone, prepared roughly 3000 sandwiches, which were later distributed to nearby primary schools. • The CCPB Manufacturing team made an additional 500 sandwiches at our head office in Parow for needy people in surrounding communities.
• CCPB also supported celebrity chef and one of South Africa’s outstanding foodie personalities, Jenny Morris, with her Soup Kitchen for Mandela Day initiative at her Yumcious Café in Green Point. Volunteers baked bread and made soup for the homeless.
• CCPB also assisted FoodForward SA and Pick ‘n Pay’s Mandela Day Food Drive to raise a million meals. Donated groceries were sorted and packed at the Century City Conference Centre and will be distributed to a host of beneficiary organisations.
• The company’s Fleet and Procurement departments helped the Stellenbosch Community Project to give 150 children a hearty warm meal.
• CCPB’s Trade Services team in Parow made 675 sandwiches for people living in the Malawi informal settlement near Bishop Lavis. “We are proud to be involved in community initiatives aimed at ensuring people do not go to bed hungry. As a responsible business operating in South Africa, we are committed to doing our part to reduce hunger, not only on Mandela Day, but throughout the year,” says Priscilla Urquhart, Public Affairs and Communications Manager at CCPB.
For more information about Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages (CCPB), visit the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CocaColaPenBev or http://www.peninsulabeverage.co.za/. Note to editor: Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages (CCPB) is the local bottler and distributor of the products of the Coca-Cola Company in the Western and Northern Cape. Products and brands include Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, Stoney, Appletiser, Powerade, Bonaqua, Glaceau, PowerPlay and Monster amongst others. CCPB has been operational for 77 years, having first opened for business in 1940. Their state of the art bottling facility is based in Parow Industria, with distribution centres in Athlone, Worcester and Koelbly. For more information visit www.peninsulabeverage.co.za.